Working directly with our clients, Britec’s Network Analyst III develops, maintains, modifies and troubleshoots customer requirements in their technical environment. Providing leadership and experience to the rest of the team, the Network Analyst III will be the technical team leader for installation, integration, fielding, operation, maintenance and testing of hardware and software for our clients.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Plan, install, upgrade, troubleshoot and maintain operating systems and applications in support of business requirements
- Conduct performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, space management, quality assurance and disaster recovery planning to ensure the systems are secure and reliable
- Develop and maintain supporting utilities and applications to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of systems
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs administration
- Advise management on infrastructure upgrading, technology directions and opportunities to ensure hardware and software stay current
- Provide technical support and consultation to clients
- Maintain current and timely communication with immediate supervisor of activities, issues and progress with projects
- Supervise, train and mentor junior staff
- Stay current with latest technology, developing trends and approaches
- Accurately estimating time required for, and recording time spent on, support and project work; taking responsibility for individual productivity.
- Providing progress updates on work completed and work to be completed as well as long range goals and plans of the client.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering combined with five or more years of related experience
- Linux, AIX, Solaris or Windows operating system administration
- Advanced knowledge in networking: LAN and WAN, DNS and firewall
- This position is subject to call out as it supports a critical 24/7 infrastructure
- Ability to work in an environment which is subject to high-stress urgent work situations
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Vehicle, Drivers License and a clean driving record
- Candidates offered a position may be required to obtain a criminal record check, verifying a clear record before employment can be obtained. A driver’s abstract may also be required.
Abilities & Skills Required for Success:
- Skill in expressing ideas and presenting them in user-friendly language.
- Ability to actively listen, explore a concept or idea, and acknowledge ideas being shared.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write at a level suitable for communicating with senior client contacts.
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to and foster positive change.
- Good analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand assigned tasks, clarifying if necessary, and take accountability for delivering timely results.
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies