Who we are:
Britec is a top Sage Authorized partner and a fast-growing IT Solution provider focused on business accounting software, infrastructure, e-Commerce, websites and cloud. Over the past 30 years, we have been keeping our clients on the cutting edge of technology by developing custom end to end solutions to help them achieve their business goals.
At Britec, our team of fully accredited business professionals don’t just work here. We are dedicated and passionate about providing our clients with the right blend of cutting-edge technology and professional client service and support. We use our skills to tackle complex issues and find effective, efficient and economical solutions that exceed our client’s expectations.
Are you a flexible individual who can work efficiently in time sensitive situations?
Working directly with our clients, Britec’s Network Analyst II develops, maintains, modifies and troubleshoots customer requirements in their technical environment. Under project-level direction, the Network Analyst II will take initiative and ownership of projects by providing technical direction in the deployment and maintenance of networked systems.
- Plan, install, upgrade, troubleshoot and maintain operating systems.
- Conduct performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, space management, quality assurance and disaster recovery planning to ensure the systems are secure and reliable.
- Act as the Network Administrator, including use and maintenance of Microsoft Windows, Citrix, WAN/LAN infrastructure, Internet access, e-mail, security, data integrity, and virus protection maintenance
- Provides recommendations & support (hardware and software) for clients
- Provide end-user support for all LAN-based applications
- Accurately estimate time required for, and record time spent on, support and project work
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Undergraduate in computer science or technical certificate in networking
- 2 – 5 years of experience working as a Network Analyst or related role
- MSCA, MSCE, CCA, LPI or CCNA certifications
- Expert knowledge of MS Networking, Microsoft Base Server Platforms
- Experience with: Heterogeneous environments (Microsoft, Unix/Linux, MacOSX), Citrix/Terminal Server, Microsoft Back Office Servers (Exchange, SQL, IIS), Back-up hardware/software, Internet Security (VPN, firewalls, anti-virus)
Abilities & Skills Required for Success:
- Ability to work in an environment which is subject to high-stress urgent work situations
- Ability to actively listen, and skilled in expressing ideas and presenting them in user-friendly language
- Good analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand assigned tasks, clarifying if necessary, and take accountability for delivering timely results
- Flexible & able to rapidly learn new technologies
At Britec we offer a competitive salary, benefits, and training/professional development opportunities. Hard work doesn’t go unrecognized at Britec and bonuses are paid based on individual and company performance.
This position is subject to call-outs as it supports a critical 24/7 infrastructure. Applicants must own a vehicle have a driver license and a clean driving record. Travel to and from client sites will be required.
To join the Britec team, forward your cover letter, resume and relevant transcripts to email@example.com. Britec is an equal opportunity and employer and we encourage all races and genders to apply. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank you for your interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No recruiters, please.