Why is SQL Server & Database maintenance required for every organization?
- Boost up system performance and prevent data loss.
- Optimize data to speed up the applications.
- Maintain data integrity.
SQL Server & Database Maintenance Best Practices
- Apply latest patches as part of SQL Server maintenance. Microsoft releases new security patches which may be SQL-related on the second Tuesday of each month (Patch Tuesday).
- Ensure that the daily backup routines are executing accurately.
- Check for available disk space and allocating as needed.
- Check the size of transaction logs and follow the grooming routine of the logs.
- Rebuild index if needed to optimize the data. Database fragmentation can occur in the form of gaps in data pages and can drop the database performance.
- Check the fragmentation level before and after database maintenance tasks.
- Thoroughly document the action
At Britec, we can help keep your SQL Server up to date and maximize your database performance.